Acorn Health, is a rapidly expanding family of companies delivering exceptional services to children with autism throughout FL, MI and VA. We are currently recruiting for a seasoned Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for our growing operations in Virginia. The position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units and will serve as a consultant to management on human resources related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee change agent and assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. The HRBP will proactively develop integrated solutions through communication with regional and enterprise HR and executive teams. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added services to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its culture and its competition. This position will support the VA and surrounding markets and will be based in the Ashburn, VA location.
In this position, the job responsibilities are as follows:
1. Partners with the operation's lead, managers, and employees on HR related policies, programs, and procedures.
2. Leads the development and execution of all recruiting and retention activities by implementing creative recruitment strategies, sourcing/pre-screening of candidates, performing background checks/conducting reference checks and the overall on-boarding process.
3. Recommends HR approaches and strategies to continually improve the efficiency of the region.
4. Implements all HR programs for the VA operations that link leadership and business practices with successful employee practices.
5. Investigates, resolves and coaches managers on employee relations issues.
6. Administers and manages compensation and performance management programs.
7. Performs an analysis and assessment of benefits and HR programs to remain competitive in the market, while gauging the financial impact to the company.
8. Responsible for an effective and engaging on-boarding process.
9. Conducts exit interviews and creates effective retention strategies.
10. Responsible for job analysis and the development of accurate job descriptions for all staff.
11. Performs presentations on HR compliance topics to ensure the company is in adherence with HR policies, procedures, and programs.
12. Identifies training needs and designs employee development programs.
13. Responsible for employment approvals, personnel data transactions and interfacing with payroll.
14. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
15. Provides guidance and input on business unit openings/acquisitions, restructures, workforce and succession planning.
You Are the Perfect Person If You Have:
1. Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred; a PHR/SHRM-CP or SPHR/SHRM-SCP certification is highly preferred.
2. Five to ten years’ experience in a human resources generalist function including but not limited to: recruiting, employee relations, compensation, benefits, payroll, training, employment law, safety and employment equity programs.
3. Experience in a healthcare setting entailing multi-sites is strongly desired.
4. Knowledge with Virginia and multi-state labor laws.
5. Previous experience with college relations and recruiting within the state of Virginia is strongly preferred.
6. Must be detail oriented, organized and exhibit exceptional interpersonal/problem solving skills.
7. Ability to be self-directed and motivated to execute with minimal direction.
8. Must be proficient with MS Office and have the ability to run benefits, payroll and HR reports.
9. Local and overnight travel is required.
Our employees receive competitive compensation. To be considered for the position, please submit a resume. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note selected candidate will be required to submit to full pre-employment background screenings.
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now